If you are looking forward to adding an extra layer of security to your home, then consider buying a home safe. By purchasing one, you’ll be protecting your most precious valuables from theft, loss, and damage by fire.
Having the best home safe may seem like a normal thing during the day when nothing goes wrong; however, when a dark day comes, and your valuables are in danger, you’ll definitely not regret purchasing one. If you have already made up your mind on buying a home safe, check out these top five home safes along with their features.
Best Home Safe – Examples:
Burton Safes Eurovault Aver
It is a high-security keypad safe having a grade 0 rating on the Eurograde rating scale. That means that insurance companies can cover a total of £6,000 for the contents in the safe. Its door is made from solid steel with the bolt and lock-work having special drill protection. It’s spacious as it has seven shelves allowing you to store most of the precious items inside the safe.
- Double walled steel body
- Special drill protection of the bolt and lock-work
- Removable shelves
- Grade 0 rating
Yale locks YSB250EB1
If you are on a tight budget, this is the best safe for you. It comes with an insurance approval rating that covers up to £1,000 cash and valuables worth £10,000. It comes with a stunning LCD screen where you can set a 3 to 8-digit code. Nevertheless, you get spare keys in case you forget the code. Yale has given this safe an electric bolt mechanism of 22mm along with reinforced hinges.
- 8-litre home safe
- Steel constructed door and body
- Allows mounting on the floor or wall
- Locking and unlocking mechanism is through a programmable digital keypad
It is a cool safe for those who dream of opening a safe with their fingerprint-like in the movies. Apart from the fingerprint, you can also set up the lock with a pin. The safe is laboratory tested and boasts with a sturdy double-walled door and single-walled body.
- Finger print scanner and electronic number lock
- Supports easy assembly thanks to the drilled holes for floor and wall mounting
- Interior dimension – 248 x 343 x 241 mm (H x W x D)
Securikey Mini Vault Silver Safe
If you have little valuables that you need to keep safe, consider this safe. With a cash rating of £4,000, you get a combination lock that is powered by AA batteries. On top of that, the safe uses an 8mm anti-bludgeon fit door having 25mm hardened steel locking bolts. Other specs include;
- Integral light that turns on when you open the door
- Insurance approved £4,000 cash
- Felt-lined interior
- External dimension – 250 x 374 x 274mm (H x W x D) – Internal dimension – 240 x 354 x 210mm (H x W x D)
Dudley Europa Grade 4 size 2
It has a higher Eurograde rating than the others as it lies in the grade 4 category. Therefore, you have a cash rating of £60,000 and a cover of valuables of £600,000. On top of that, it features a high resistance barrier material offering 75 minutes of fire resistance.
- External dimensions – 988 x 657 x 672mm
- Internal dimensions – 810 x 479 x 413mm
- Double-skinned body construction
- Double-bitted key locks
- Fire resistance – 75 minutes