Your mail, whether it’s being delivered to your home or business, deserves privacy. The information and data contained within it is likely to be confidential and needs to be secure. However, given the paper nature of postal correspondence it’s not always possible to achieve this. But by installing a Brabantia letterbox you can enhance the privacy and security of your mail to new levels.
Why Are Brabantia letterboxes so Popular?
Brabantia are a Dutch company who have been working with sheet metal for the last century. As you can imagine, this experience means they know what they are doing when it comes to design and manufacture. Accordingly, they have become a major name in the houseware market. And Brabantia’s company ethos of being contemporary, practical and stylish is easily visible in their post boxes.
The aesthetics behind Brabantia post boxes is key to their success. With stylish designs that hark back to the past or embrace modern design standards, there’s a post box available for every taste or style. And they’re also available in a wide range of colours such as black, grey, silver, blue, red and green to ensure that there’s a post box available to complement the colour scheme of your home. Most importantly, in terms of security, these designs are all created from high quality stainless steel. A material that is renowned for its strength and durability, stainless steel helps Brabantia to construct post boxes that are both secure and capable of lasting.
What to Look for When Buying a Brabantia Letterbox
The Brabantia range of post boxes is wide and varied, so it’s crucial that you know what you’re looking for to narrow down your options. Make sure you take a minute to think about the following:
- Budget: The cost of a Brabantia post box can vary from £65.00 up to £315.00 depending on what you need. Therefore, it’s important that you decide on a budget early on to establish what your buying options are.
- Size: The post boxes available from Brabantia come in a variety of sizes, so you need to determine which size solves your postal requirements. If you receive relatively little post then a smaller box is required, but if you regularly receive a lot of post (or numerous large letters) then the larger end of the scale will be necessary.
- Wall Mounted or Stand: Brabantia post boxes can be either wall mounted or positioned on a stand. The products come with a DIY fixing kit to complete a wall mount installation, so this is the easiest method of mounting. Mounting a Brabantia post box on a stand is possible, but any stands and fixing kits are classed as optional extras and will need to be sourced additionally.
- Type of Letter Slot: Depending on your personal preference, there are a number of different letter slots available across the Brabantia post box range. Options available include plastic safety slats, top loading slots and front loading slots. All of these options provide a waterproof environment for your mail, but depending on the type of mail you receive some designs will be more preferential.
Brabantia Post Boxes You Should Consider
There are numerous Brabantia post boxes available to the consumer, but we’ve narrowed this choice down to three of the best to help you make your choice:
This black post box maintains all the hallmarks of Brabantia’s value and represents a mid-price point for anyone looking to protect and secure their mail.
- Highly discreet due to its sleek design and black colour
- Large enough to accept catalogues and large mail without causing damage
- Noise dampening materials minimise the sound of incoming post
- Manufactured from galvanised steel to protect the post box and any mail from rain
- The price is slightly higher than other post boxes in the range and may not be suitable for every budget
- There have been reports that the lock can be stiff and difficult to operate
With its frontloading letter flap, the silver B100 is a post box which defines Brabantia’s simplicity and discretion. Complete with two coded keys, the B100 delivers a spacious post box which is highly secure.
- Positioned towards the lower end of Brabantia’s price range, the B100 is an affordable option for any budget
- Sturdy design which is waterproof and rust-resistant
- No need to worry about the metallic clattering of incoming mail due to the noise dampening materials used
- The spacious design allows even the largest letters to be delivered
- The fixing screws have been reported as too short for some installs
- The flat top of the box collects water and can get mail wet when removed
The iconic design of the green B210 post box exudes quality and harks back to the past with its vintage aesthetics. The front loading mechanism of the B210 is a secure option that ensures mail is protected from both the rain and unauthorised access.
- The sloping roof and front loading slot provides protection from the rain
- The vintage design is perfect for complementing older homes
- The B210 is a large mailbox and more than capable of housing all your regular mail with no risk of becoming overstuffed
- The cylindrical lock and anti-theft design of the letter slot protects all mail
- Noise dampening materials used to design the post box ensure that any noise irritation is significantly reduced
- The price point is higher than other post boxes in the Brabantia range and will only be suitable for bigger budgets
- The design of the B210 is less discreet than other post boxes, so it is more likely to stand out and, therefore, less secure
Keep Your Mail Safe with Brabantia
Designed to a high standard with quality materials, Brabantia post boxes embrace security and understand the needs of the consumer. With budgetary and aesthetic options available for every project, a Brabantia letterbox represents the perfect choice.